1, Conducting general health & leprosy awareness classes to school going children.
2. Conducting health awareness program for industrial laborers and public.
3. Detecting early leprosy cases among the school slum & rural population.
4. Giving free chemotherapy (MDT) for all detected cases every month.
5. Giving proper care & treatment to all deformity & ulcer patients.
6. Giving rehabilitation services to leprosy deformed and cured disabled patients .
7. Survey for new case detection from slum areas and rural population.
Health Education: IEC ( Information Education Communication ).
We are conducting Health Education Programme for the school going children, Industrial workers, and also to the public regarding general health, hygiene, safe drinking water and facts about leprosy with scientific factors and other infectious diseases of TB, HIV/AIDS. We educate through giving of lectures with the help of our health education materials pamphlets, Flip charts, flash cards, slide shows, and with public addressing system.
Case Detection :
We are doing skin checkup for the school going children to detect fresh cases. Because the children are not having adequate immunity power, due to that children will get more infection than adult. we are doing this skin checkup at every primary school.
we also doing slum survey to find out new and old untreated cases.
Free Mobile Medical Camp:
Every Month We are conducting free mobile camps in our Area.
1) At Vilangudy village in our MAHELERECEN Clinic.
2) At Thiruparankundram Village.
Treatment: POD ( Prevention of Deformity ).
We are giving every month chemotherapy treatment (MDT) to all detected cases. Every new found patient gets MDT treatment for curing the infection. This activity aims to prevent deformity through early detection and treatment.
Physiotherapy treatment is also given to our deformed patients as well as active and passive exercises, wax baths and oil massages. Ulcer patients are getting ulcer dressing treatment and we advise these patients how to keep the limbs (hands &feet) without blisters and ulcers.
We are conducting Rehabilitation of CBR ( Community Based Rehabilitation ) Activity programme since 1999. We have also given loan for their self employment. 32 cured deformed Patients were benefited.